This dessert recipe is brought to you by Chef Mani Mania; this week’s Meet a Vegan feature. Chef Mani Mania is an award-winning vegan pastry chef and author of the blog chefmanimania.com. These mouth-watering ganache brownies are sure to please. Check out her recipe below:
Yield: 8 by 8 glass baking pan (Approximately 20 bite size brownies)
- 3 oz coconut milk
- ¾ cup raw dark chocolate chips
- ½ oz coconut nectar
- 2 cups dates
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- *2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- Toppings (Optional):
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ⅛ cup raw cacao nibs
- Pinches of sea salt
Heat coconut milk until it comes to a steam (between 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit).
Pour coconut milk and coconut nectar over chocolate and stir until smooth.
Set aside at room temperature.
Line a glass baking pan with parchment paper, plastic wrap, or wax paper.
In a food processor, blend dates until broken down and smooth.
Add almond flour, cacao powder, and sea salt and blend.
*If the brownie mixture is dry (not forming in a ball), add coconut milk one tablespoon at a time
Firmly pack in prepared pan.
Pour ganache over and smooth.
Optional: Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, cacao nibs, and sea salt
Freeze for an hour, or until ganache is firm.
- Any plant based milk can be substituted for the coconut milk (example: almond milk).
- Steam temperature is about 100 degrees Fahrenheit; do not surpass this temperature to keep the recipe raw. The purpose is to bring the temperature up slightly to melt the chocolate.