This quick and easy snack is great for kids and adults alike! This recipe has the unique twist of adding flavorful and zesty pepper sauce. In addition to adding to ‘chicken’ salad, pepper sauce can be used to drizzle on roasted veggies and open-faced sandwiches.
Vegan ‘Chicken’ Salad
- 1 pack of Gardein brand mock chicken strips, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Grapeseed veganaise mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tbs. bell pepper sauce
Bell Pepper Sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper ribs and seeds removed
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil or other neutral oil
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend bell pepper, oil, lemon, pepper, salt and cilantro. Set aside two tablespoons of mixture. Refrigerate the rest.
- In a bowl, combine the “chicken,” pepper sauce, celery, and onions.
- Stir in the vegan mayonnaise and the mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Chill and serve on bread or crackers